The Time is NOW!
The Mission of The National Perinatal Task Force is to start and grow Perinatal Safe Spots (PSS) in every ‘Materno-toxic Area’ in the USA, in order to eliminate racial and class disparities in birth outcomes, and to create equity and power in maternal child health care.
We Reacher Our Goal of 100 Perinatal Safe Spots!
There are many ways to get involved as an individual, a business, an organization, or all.
What are first steps to getting involved?
1. The first step is knowing that you belong and how critical your participation is to this grass roots movement, by understanding each membership level’s criteria as follows:
NPTF Perinatal Safe Spot:
National network of official virtual and physical, community-embedded practices and perinatal professionals providing direct services. Visit our PSS page to see the model PSS on the Interactive Map. The PSS’s are the roots of the National Perinatal Task Force, modeling the vision and birthing a just and loving world through practice.
Developing Perinatal Safe Spots (PSS) – COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE -PSSs eligible to receive technical support and training to own/operate an official PSS.
Individuals/organizations taking action in their community. NPTF amplifiers raise consciousness via education and activism to amplify the vision of birthing a just and loving world. Read More
Individuals/organizations that provide resources and/or funding support to the NPTF so that we may implement our strategic goals. NPTF supporters contribute resources towards the vision of birthing a just and loving world. Read More
Collectives/organizations taking action in their community. NPTF Igniters spark collectives by building local collective efforts to launch new PSSs and/or maternal justice community organization projects towards the vision of a just and loving world. Read More
3. Watch the National Perinatal Task Force Orientation Webinar to get a better understanding of the collective power, building, leadership, and vision. Each month a new live webinar is hosted by collective leadership with Jennie Joseph, covering various topics, solidarity skill-building, mentorship, support, and training. Non-members can participate in one webinar only before joining.
4. Spread the Word! Help support our Mission and Vision in your State or Nation, by sharing our mission with others you believe to be doing this work or supporting this work.
Not ready to join but still want to be involved?
- Share and “like” the Face Book page – National Perinatal Task Force
- Learn the statistics for your community
- Share with others in your circles about these issues
- Consider attending an MCH Specialist or Community Outreach Perinatal Educator (COPE) training course offered by Commonsense Childbirth Institute
- Get on our mailing list so you can keep up to date with what’s happening
- Read about the Official Criteria information for becoming a PSS to recognize others who maybe doing this work, but who are not on the list or map.